“Making Friends for Life, Connecting with Friends from Afar”
Honoring Jack Z”l and Julie Nadel
Camp Haverim is excited to announce our remote Jewish Summer Camp experience, Mahane B’Kufsa (Camp in a Box). Thanks to our incredibly generous donors, we are able to offer this program free of charge, a community gift to you and your family!
Mahane B’Kufsa is designed to bring all of the magic and fun of Camp Haverim safely and sustainably into your home. This four-week program was created with your ease and your child’s enjoyment in mind. You are invited to sign up for the whole four weeks or pick and choose the themes that best suit your child’s interests.
Space is limited, please sign up only for the weeks that you know your child will be able to participate.
Every week will include a hearty dose of the Camp Haverim programming your child has come to know and love, including:
- Song Sessions with every camper’s favorite Camp Haverim songs. Why yes, we will be taking special requests!
- Art projects with our ever so talented art specialist, Roma!
- Judaica crafts and games for every age
- Israel programming from our always amazing Israeli counselors from the Leo Baeck Education Center. Live on Zoom, all the way from Israel!
- Curated family outings available anytime throughout the seven-day camp session, including: treasure quest adventures, guided nature walks with special activities and prizes, scavenger hunts, and more!
- Jewish baking and cooking classes
- Story time with our favorite community teachers
- Haverim Zoom Circles where campers can “meet up” with their longtime camp friends and favorite counselors to chat, play games, and share the projects they have been working on in art and Judaica
- Zoom Shabbat Circles with our beloved community rabbis
Each week will feature a fun and engaging theme to add camp sparkle and Jewish flare to activities. Weekly camp themes are:
Week One (July 6-12): Treasure Hunters Adventure (Register by June 19)
Week Two (July 13-19): Jewish Superheroes Repair the World (Register by June 26)
Week Three (July 20-26): Nature Explorers and the Busy Bee Shabbat (Register by July 3)
Week Four (July 27-31): Super Splash Maccabiah Games and Haverim Fun (Register by July 3)
We will also be offering optional opt-in activities:
- Be a Haverim Movie Maker (Great for Campers Grades 3-7):
- Create your own cooking show, camp song music video, Maccabiah Twizzler Challenge video, and more. Clips of videos will be posted on Camp Haverim’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, and montages will be uploaded to Camp Haverim’s YouTube channel.
- Be a Haverim Press Journalist (Great for Campers Grades 4-7):
- Interview fellow campers and staff, submit your photos to be included in the weekly addition of Haverim Press (included in every Kufsa), design comics, and create surveys for campers and staff.
- Month Long Maccabiah Games & Competition (Perfect for the whole family!)
- Request a team assignment for the month of July! Make a sign for your team color (make sure to include Jewish items & Hebrew words), create a cheer for your team, dress the whole family in your team color, and make a team video. Win extra points for completing a Mitzvah Mission, participating in a Summer reading challenge, and many more fun and campy activities!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at 805.895.6593 To Register, click here
Here’s what parents are saying about Camp Haverim:
“Thanks for providing such a warm and friendly Jewish environment for the kids. See you next summer!” – Margie
“They talk about camp all year. Great opportunity to develop Jewish identity.” – Lisa
“Camp Haverim is a little treasure for the Jewish community of Santa Barbara. Thanks for your perseverance and the love you put into it.” – Susan